Revlimit Forum
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

ΦόρουμLatest imagesΑναζήτησηΕγγραφήΣύνδεση

Audi 8L S3 210hp

Πήγαινε κάτω 
2 απαντήσεις
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
PedroSousa

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 8
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 31/12/2010

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΠεμ Ιουν 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Fotis, I'm from Portugal and I have an Audi S3 1.8T APY engine with 160.000Km... You've talked to my friend Diogo, I've send him your contact because I'seen some of your posts in the ecuconnectios forum.

But the idea is to tune my car the actual setup is:

- Stock exhaust
- 3 inch Badger5 Turbo Intake Pipe ( http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=289160 )
- Ah Fabrications S3 FMIC (just waiting for it)
- NGK BKR7E spark plugs
- N249 Delete

I want to wait for the intercooler to remap the car I think it's better, the exhaust will come next, I only use 98OCT fuel but the temperatures here in Portugal in the summer are very high. I think I also need one forge DV.

This isn't a daily use car, it's a weekend car, what minimum reliable values can you get from it? Without bending a rod or break the turbo in the first run Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Do you recommend the galleto for uploading files? I can also use NEFMOTO don't know if it's good (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,691.0title,.html)

Or BDM I have one clone here but I only use it for EDC16 Diesel cars... So I don't know how or if it can be used in the ME7.5

To log I have the Vag-com cable, to hel tune and I can also do one or two MAHA dyno runs. I don't have AFR gauge!!!

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 324
Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 30/08/2009
Τόπος : Patra

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΣαβ Ιουλ 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Hello Pedro,

First of all send greetings to my friend Diogo.

The best is to install all hardware parts as exhaust, IC, DV etc and then remap your ECU

Your turbo has 160.000klm which means that it may not be in a good condition. So your performance depends on the turbo condition!

I recommend only genuine tools!
The best is to contact Diogo

For logging you will need a VAG-com
and if your ECU is non-wideband then you will need AFR gauge to measure AFR

Regards,
Fotis

http://www.revlimit.gr
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΣαβ Ιουλ 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Ok then I'll do exhaust and Intercooler first.

The exhaust you recommend with CAT or no CAT?? I need the CAT for MOT but that I can solve it!!!

Diogo only have clone tools, it's even more crazy than me... Very Happy

I have seen the play of the turbo shaft it seems OK, but it's the original turbo so it shouldn't be in is best condition... In the future the Idea it's to go for a Hybrid from TurboDynamics or FrankenTurbo with a specific exhaust manifold.

I haven't seen the lambda sensor plug I think that the wideband one's have 6 wires. But my car it's from the first ones so it mus be a non wideband sensor.

What type of sensor do you recommend, any specific brand??

I do have the VAG-com cable to Log.

Best Regars Pedro
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΣαβ Ιουλ 02, 2011 8:06 pm

The most popular kits are the AEM and Innovate widebands. Google them and you will get more info!

If you want to follow the law, you must have catalyst in your car.
Elsewhere there is software option for cat delete!

If the shaft of the turbo "plays", that means that is not in good condition!
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΔευ Ιουλ 04, 2011 1:18 pm

I'll use an AEM one for my use I think that's enough.

What do you about 3" Downpipe and the rest of the exhaust with 2.5" and stock backbox?? I've read in "Max boost" book that this isn't the best diameter for the power that can be achieved but later I'll use a milltek backbox with 2.75" pipe.
I'm going to use one 200cell race catalyst.

The turbo has the the normal play, I don't have oil consumption, smoke or noise from the turbo... The idea for now it's not to max out the car. It's to go for a stage1 remap.

But without the AFR isn't safe because of the fuel pump, some times they aren't in their best.... We'll have to see how it handles with the request of more fuel in the top end RPM!
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΔευ Ιουλ 04, 2011 2:45 pm

The exhaust isn't ok. For the K04 turbo the best is 2.75" full!
3 inc is too large and 2.5 is tight!
Also the backbox it is better not to stay stock as it is also very tight

The turbo condition will be shown after remap!

AFR measure is a must. Also check your MAF sensor and the fuel pump as it's a common problem in these engine with many klm

Fotis
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΔευ Ιουλ 04, 2011 2:55 pm

I've logged MAF and it's doing 159 g/s @ +- 6100RPM seems ok, I'll log it again with the new Turbo Intake Pipe.

I don't have a gauge for fuel pressure thats the problem.... But with the AFR gauge we can see how the pump is!!

I'm going to try get some 2.75" tubes for the exhaust.

Έχει επεξεργασθεί από τον/την PedroSousa στις Παρ Αυγ 05, 2011 5:58 pm, 1 φορά
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΔευ Ιουλ 04, 2011 3:01 pm

The MAF sensor condition will also be shown after remap...

Someone told me that, "Remapping an old car or one with many klm it is not only the power increase but you can discover sensor failures, engine problems etc"
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΠαρ Αυγ 05, 2011 5:47 pm

You were right about the maf sensor, it was reading low in stock file, only 159g/s after cleaning it raised to 165g/s but the value it's to low...

Going to change it in the next days...

The car it's getting ready for a normal file, probably after the holidays... Than I'll think in a big turbo setup...
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΠαρ Αυγ 05, 2011 7:34 pm

It's my pleasure to tune your engine!

For a bigturbo, let me know what are you looking for to help you

cheers,
Fotis
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΤρι Αυγ 16, 2011 1:15 pm

My big doubt are, go for a hybrid or go for a Big Turbo....

In any case I think I'm going to replace the rods!!!

For the hybrid I need

Turbo
Exhaust manifold
Injectors
Donwpipe

In the BT case I was thinking of using a CTSTurbo KIT, because I'm doing the mechanical modifications on the car and they have the plug and play stuff for LHD cars!

The kit comes with all the stuff...

http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/Audi_TT225HP_Audi_S3_Quattro_Big_Turbo_Kit-251-1.html

For big turbo is mandatory to use Large Ported Head?

The hybrids are very difficult to tune from what I've been seeing in UK, some have problems with surge, others with boost control due to bad hot side porting... Even using tubular exhaust manifolds...

The cars with GT30 setup that you've done are reliable?? What hp should be expected?
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΤρι Αυγ 16, 2011 8:31 pm

I have tune some S3 20VT with stock pistons and forged rods with power outputs 500+hp. I suggest you to install rods as they
are quite weak on these engines and you will have a more reliable engine.

My proposal is to go directly to big turbo conversion, installing a Garrett for example. Hybrid conversions are cheap projects which I don't like cause of tight turbine housings. If you still want the hybrid then I will suggest you the frankenturbo as I have work with them a lot and I know their products are high quality!
Also hybrids are not that difficult to be tuned via ECU, I haven't met any problem with boost control via N75 valve

About GT30,
These conversions are for high output engines with high reving (8000rpm), also these turbochargers are a little bit laggy, which means
3071 has full boost @ 4100RPM
3076 has full boost @ 4500+RPM
(with .63A/R turbine housing)

First of all let me know your power output target, octane rating fuel and revlimiter

Regards,
Fotis
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΤρι Αυγ 16, 2011 11:25 pm

I know Frankenturbo, in the person of slappy dunbar (Doug), I've seen some conversations and shared projects with Bill From Badger5 in UK, the last one was a pain in the .... but FrankenTrubo was very professional.

Speaking of big turbo, I was thinking in 450hp with rev limiter @ 7500 and 98 octane fuel
PedroSousa

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΤρι Οκτ 25, 2011 12:39 am

Hi Fottis, I went to a dyno to do some runs at the moment the car has:

- Badger 5 3" TIP
- Forge DV008
- NGK BKR7E spark plugs
- N249 Delete

I also have an Innovate AFR gauge that emulates the narrow band sensor, it's working great.

Stock ECU and it's like this:

Audi 8L S3 210hp Graficos3

Using 95 oct fuel in a 32C day
Revlimit
Admin
Revlimit

Audi 8L S3 210hp Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Audi 8L S3 210hp   Audi 8L S3 210hp Icon_minitimeΤρι Οκτ 25, 2011 1:13 am

well done.

It seems that your engine is in great condition and together with some hardware mods and the stock SW gave you a bit over 220hp!

Smile

Audi 8L S3 210hp
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
Revlimit Forum :: Revlimit Support :: Mobile Tuning-
Μετάβαση σε: